Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm baaaack!!

Well - yes - it's been a little while!!!
All energy was spent on a rather large religious holiday - and a delightful jaunt to the coast with family and good friends.
I'm back - relaxed - and looking forward to a good year.
Weight increased a little more due to religious holiday eating - and coastal holiday - but I'm determined to lose the excess flab this year - and find the skinnier me within!!!!
Christmas took it's toll a little on my fragile soul - especially since no correspondence from family of origin was forthcoming. I tell myself every day that I won't hear anything - but a little tiny weeny light of hope flickers somewhere in the recess of my mind - hoping that either my mother or my siblings will reach out and take the chance to get to know me.
I'm not such an ogre really. I have all my own teeth - and remember to wash on a daily basis.
I have a wonderful husband - and 3 beautiful daughters. I even manage to maintain some very good friendships while standing on my head, juggling family and taking on full-time university to full-fill my lifetime dream of becoming a teacher.
I tell myself that I shouldn't take the rejection personally - as they haven't even taken the time to get to know me - but - you know - it still hurts - like hell - and sometimes I really just want to stamp my feet & throw a wee tantrum - and say - IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!!
OK - off my soap-box now.
Happy New Year everyone - here's to all our hopes and dreams being realised.
C.

5 Comments:

Blogger juliaNY07 said...

so glad that youa re back...by the way, they must be living such bad lives if they can not see how wonderful you would be for all of them. Love J

16/1/07, 11:06 am  
Blogger Amyadoptee said...

I just thought I would let you know that I have linked you to both of my blogs in wordpress and blogger. I enjoy reading you.. By the way welcome to the club

17/1/07, 8:56 am  
Blogger Possum said...

Miss J - thankyou - I miss you!!

Amy - thanks so much for dropping by. It's a club that I wish I wasn't in - but I'm happier in knowing that I'm not alone.

17/1/07, 11:35 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

(((((Chez)))))


And Amy we aren't a club, we are a gang!

hehehehehehheeheeeeeee

17/1/07, 4:07 pm  
Blogger Possum said...

ooohhhh - much prefer the idea of a gang!!!!
Hugs back at you Joy.
c.

17/1/07, 5:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home