Sunday, September 07, 2008

Adopted AND Abused??

The adoptee (almost human) that wrote the wonderful and heartfelt words from my last post - What An Adoptee Wants To Know - has a website - Adopted-Abused - for those adoptees that ended up in abusive adoptive households - and they have a survey running for those that lived through such pain.

A message from almost human -

"Please, if YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW has been adopted and abused, we are gaining a presence, putting it out there that yes, abuse in adoption is a REAL issue.
Pass it on!!!

As of this moment, the hit counter at adopted-abused.com is up to 13,630
(that was last week - now it's at 14,617 - quite staggering). That's up by nearly double in the past two weeks!
I've been looking at the referrers, and we get quite a few random hits from search engines...

We've got 14 registered, some of whom are waiting for me to update the survey (which will be finished this evening)
207 questions (view the Survey Analysis to see the questions and the break-out of responses)
3 blogs (under Read Our Stories)"

Please - make a difference - and pass this on.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Teri Brown said...

What you are doing is a wonderful thing, giving adoptees with the same experiences a place to share your stories and comfort one another. Your lives are a birth mother's worst nightmare and what we fear most of all. Until I found my daughter I spent years praying that she was in a loving and safe home.

Good luck with your project. I hope you help those in need of it.

Teri Brown
www.AdoptionRecords.com

8/9/08, 5:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

16/9/08, 1:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've been tagged!

http://atlgagirl.blogspot.com/

16/9/08, 1:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this. I've put this on my blog as well.

17/9/08, 1:21 am  
Blogger almost human said...

thank you guys!
(weeping)

the hit counter is up past 27,000 - that's 3,000 more than yesterday!

i really appreciate all your support. i started this project about a month after i came out of my fog - not so long ago - and didn't know what to do with all my anger and hurt.

and while it feels good for me/us, i hope one day it really does make an impression on people to protect the world's most vulnerable children.

xoxoxo


almost human

19/9/08, 3:27 pm  
Anonymous Joddy Foster said...

I am very much influenced by the way you have projected the whole thing. Many quarries I have had and I have already collected them from a particular site http://www.adoptionrecords.ws/. I will definitely take it seriously.

Thank you very much

30/9/09, 4:09 pm  
Anonymous Jet said...

Hello,

I feel great to post my blog. I want to share my experience. Adopt a child is a noble work but before adopting them be sure about the records. Don’t forget the legal procedures you will have to face in case of adoption. You should sure about the legal matters. I have seen many couples lost their right on their adopted child due to the ignorance of legal proceedings or not taken it seriously.

Best wishes

Jet

20/11/09, 10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home